We are a non-profit organization, dedicated to the promotion of Cali and Valle del Cauca as a tourist destination for big scale meetings (MICE/SMERF). The point of this is to make the region outstanding and to improve its economic output with the help of the public-private cooperation.
Cali, Valle del Cauca Convention and Visitors Bureau opens its doors in the region to event organizers who are looking for new experiences in a unconventional destination. Born in 2016 as a mixed non-profit organization, builded with the collective leadership of all the most important public and private actors in the region. Since then, it acts as the link between all type of organizers, for example: congresses, exhibitions, conventions and events organizers who offer a variety of events and places in this diverse land.
We are an example of what a region can achieve through the collective effort of all the social actors that represent it towards a common goal. It counts with the support of the most important agents of development from the region and the accompaniment of the Department of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, Fontur Colmbia, Procolombia and Invest Pacific.
Since the first approaching we operate as an strategical partner, trying to understand the client’s requirements, giving support and advice during the candidature process. Once adjudicated, we give backing during the suppliers’ selection, we advise in the selections of the locations and we also share the knowledge of the city/region in order to elaborate activities which go out of the ordinary and connect the participants with this Valley, full of uncommon experiences.
In such a short period of time since we have been operating, the “Cali Valle del Cauca Convention and Visitors Bureau” has reached prominent events, such as:
• XII Cumbre Alianza del Pacífico (1300 attendees)
• I Simposio Global de Endodoncia en América Latina (700 attendees)
• X Foro Internacional de Croplife (700 attendees)
• XXV Congreso Nacional de Medicina Interna (700 attendees)
• Congreso Nacional de Hotelería EXPOCOTELCO (1300 attendees)
• Encuentro Latinoamericano de los World Trade Centers (300 attendees)
• I Congreso Nacional de Bioenergía Bi ON (250 attendees)
• Colombia Bird Fair 2017 (500 attendees)
• XI Congreso ATALAC Tecnicaña (1200 attendees)
· Access to privileged information
· Commercial opportunities
· Brand advertising
· Promotion in trade fairs and missions
· Access to databases
· Discounts in seminars and congresses related to the tourism sector
· Quality standards and certifications upgrade
· Participation on special projects
Through your affiliation you will be part of a team whose objective is the integral region as a destination.
The affiliation process is really easy, you just need to have the “Registro Nacional de Turismo” (RNT) updated and get accredited in any of the following categories:
· Lodging NTS – TS002
· Travel agency / Tour operador NTS – TS003
· Foodstuff and drinks NTS – TS004
· Transport NTS – TS005
· Logistic Operator NTS – TS006 – 2
· Enclosures NTS – TS0012
· Entertainment LEY 1493
· Rent of equipment (minimum 5 years of experience)
· Structural assembly (minimum 5 years of experience)
· Conceptualization agency (minimum 5 years of experience)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: María Elvira Páez.
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER: Juliana rosero Berrío.
PROJECT MANAGER: Aicardo Ocampo.